Monday, February 25, 2013

Quilt Inspiration

As a crafty person, one of the things I really want to do is make a quilt.  Now, I've made a few baby quilts but they were just piecing together a few squares and then quilting around the edge of each square to attach all three layers.  It was a great way to start but now I want to try my hand at something more intricate and cool.  There are two quilt projects I want to work on.  Project A is a quilt for our living room.  Something I can just throw over the back of the couch for added color and decoration but still functional at night.  Project B is two twin size quilts for the boys new room.  The new room is still in the planning stages so I want to get started on the living room quilt first.

I have been scouring Pinterest for quilt inspiration.  I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do but knew I didn't want just a bunch of squares.  Then I came across a chevron quilt and knew that was it!!  I have the fabric I want to use and know that after coming across all the cool ideas, this will be just my first one!  Here are the ones I found most inspiring, starting with the one with the tutorial I'll be using.

Source

Source

Source

I am super excited about getting started!  I hope it turns out as awesome as these quilts.  I'm using patterns for this one but the next one will be solids.  There are no limits to what combinations you do!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!